National Museum of Health and Medicine Lincoln Programs
Thank you to Laurie and Richard Sloan for sending this link/information:

http://www.medicalmuseum.mil/index.cfm?p...5.02262015

[Image: medmuseum.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: National Museum of Health and Medicine Lincoln Programs
That sounds "right down our alley." Laurie, is the location something that might be easy for you to get too?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2015, 12:07 PM
I went there today after the Ford's 150 commemoration. That one little bullet . . .
04-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Susan, did you happen to notice if JWB's third, fourth, and fifth cervical vertebrae, housed there, were on public display? The last I heard they were not.
04-15-2015, 02:18 PM
I have yet to go to the new Medical Museum since they moved it from the grounds of Walter Reed, but we have taken some bus tours to the new one, and they were not impressed. At that time, they thought it too sterile and not that many exhibits. For those of us who remember the dismal building on the grounds of the Smithsonian, nothing can beat the "feel" of that place.

When it was at Walter Reed (in a very nice building), I remember getting emotional while looking at the fragments of Lincoln's skull and thinking how little was left of his earthly remains.
04-15-2015, 08:25 PM
(04-15-2015 02:01 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Susan, did you happen to notice if JWB's third, fourth, and fifth cervical vertebrae, housed there, were on public display? The last I heard they were not.

I didn't notice them being there, but I wouldn't swear to them not being there. I was too busy shuddering at the Lincoln bone fragments.

I think the location is a bit too far off the beaten path. I got turned around getting there, and the local I asked for directions had never heard of the place,only the street on which it was located.
04-16-2015, 08:46 AM
(04-15-2015 02:18 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I have yet to go to the new Medical Museum since they moved it from the grounds of Walter Reed, but we have taken some bus tours to the new one, and they were not impressed. At that time, they thought it too sterile and not that many exhibits. For those of us who remember the dismal building on the grounds of the Smithsonian, nothing can beat the "feel" of that place.

When it was at Walter Reed (in a very nice building), I remember getting emotional while looking at the fragments of Lincoln's skull and thinking how little was left of his earthly remains.

I had the same reaction as yourself and Susan to seeing the skull fragments. But always remember there is an intact body remaining....it's just encased in a cement block.Confused