New Lincoln/Illinois ad
03-18-2015, 03:49 PM
New Lincoln/Illinois ad
I think it is really cute - but I miss the MiniAbe ads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C69IDjmAIg

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: New Lincoln/Illinois ad
That's how I discovered Abe as a boy. When I was seven I got to see the Volk life mask and hand molds at U of I. I was at first freaked out by Lincoln because of the Statue at the Lincoln Memorial but now have a great admiration with the man.
03-18-2015, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 08:19 PM by L Verge.)
(03-18-2015 03:49 PM)Angela Wrote:  I think it is really cute - but I miss the MiniAbe ads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C69IDjmAIg

What a great ad! Brought back memories of my grandmother and my mother making sure that they instilled the love of history in me. I wish I had the ability to explore Abe's roots in Illinois now.
03-19-2015, 10:38 PM
I second Laurie - what a great ad - heartwarming!!! And another appetizer...Thanks for sharing, Angela!
03-19-2015, 10:54 PM
I do like the look on the young boy's face when he sees his grandfather? talking with Abraham Lincoln

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
03-20-2015, 02:33 AM
(03-19-2015 10:54 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I do like the look on the young boy's face when he sees his grandfather? talking with Abraham Lincoln

That I thought was really cute as well - you can really see the "WHOA"

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
03-22-2015, 05:47 AM
Memories that a young boy might never forget. I especially like when they touched Lincoln's nose- something we've all done who have been there.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2015, 06:15 AM
(03-22-2015 05:47 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Memories that a young boy might never forget. I especially like when they touched Lincoln's nose- something we've all done who have been there.

Hi Bill. I can assure you that Herrick Middle School did its share. We used to arrive there with 240 8th graders (annual 8th grade Springfield trip), and they all did it.