Does anyone know...?
08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know...?
Received a phone call today at Surratt House from a lady who is writing a trilogy on the Booths (don't know details). She was ordering books from our gift shop. She also mentioned a TV show on the Booth family that is supposedly on now? My staff member came in and asked if I knew about it - and I don't. Does anyone?

I know that several years ago, the actor Kevin Bacon was supposedly going to develop a TV production on the family; but I have never heard that it went anywhere.

It's amazing how many actors and actresses have been interested in the Booth family and the assassination over the years. Stacey Keach visited Surratt House many moons ago (in a chauffeur-driven limo) as a regular tourist. He wanted to do something on the Booths.

I have been told that Johnny Depp is interested as well as Kevin Bacon. Kate Winslet and Jodi Foster were supposedly interested in Mrs. Surratt about 15 years ago. Hal Holbrook and Dixie Carter visited and supported Tudor Hall about twenty years ago. If you are familiar with Oscar winner Marcia Gay Harden, she is supposedly interested because she is a native of Clinton and graduated from Surrattsville High School.

The Booth family is one of the first great dynasties of American theater as well as having the stain of the assassination. An adaptation of Nora Titone's My Thoughts Be Bloody would make a wonderful movie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Does anyone know...?
Wasn't there something on HBO? (I don't get HBO)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
(08-08-2012 05:51 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Wasn't there something on HBO? (I don't get HBO)

I had heard that there was supposed to be something on HBO re: the Booth family. Have NOT heard anything more -- good question! I do not get HBO either -- but I'd order it just to see that! HA!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-09-2012, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 09:56 AM by Gene C.)
There was a series in the works back in 2008 by Kevin Bacon called "the Spirits of Tudor Hall" to be on Showtime. According to the Tudor Hall website
http://www.spiritsoftudorhall.blogspot.com of 6/23/2011 the project is still in the planning stages

Did anyone buy a brick?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I didn't buy a brick, but am I recalling things correctly that, a few years ago, someone sold souvenir prints with little pieces of wood from Tudor Hall attached? I know I bought one, but cannot access the area where I have it stored right now. I think it was Tudor Hall, but it could have been some other assassination-related site.