George Dixon Diary
08-07-2012, 04:41 PM
George Dixon Diary
I just received an e-mail from Ed Isaacs, owner of the wonderful George Dixon Diary which has revealed so much of what went on inside the Arsenal Penitentiary in 1865. Ed has being doing quite a few interviews since inheriting this treasure several years ago and also displayed it at the 2012 Surratt Conference.

Nat Geo Channel featured it last week, and it will be replayed. See what Ed said to me:

I'm emailing to let you know, that I was on NatGeo's America's Lost Treasures from Philadelphia last week, and it's going to be repeated this week. In my area it's on this Wednesday at 6 P.M. I actually say a few words on camera and display the diary with my white glove on. I think that gets them every time. Other then that, Mary Beth and I are fill-ins a lot, but you can clearly see Dixon's photo on the table I set up. I hope you have a chance to watch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: George Dixon Diary
This will be facinating to watch! Thanks ever so much for letting us know, Laurie!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: George Dixon Diary
Look forward to watching this, but I don't have television so i'll have to go to my mothers to see it!

Craig