Thanks to Bob Cook for sending this information:

[Image: com02511.jpg]

Photo credit: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, Fortune

http://floridamemory.com/items/show/93319
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2014, 07:19 AM
RE: Lincoln Deathbed Wax Museum Exhibit
Interesting. I notice that Lincoln's eyes appear open. I always thought of them as closed.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2014, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 01:51 PM by BettyO.)
And here's another shot (circa 1960s judging from the clothing of the photographer) which shows a figure who looks like Edwin Booth supporting Mary Lincoln..... strange!

Thanks, Bill! I love these old images of different variations of the assassination - some of them are hysterical! Lincoln's eyes indeed seem to be open.

This one looks like everyone in the box has aged at least 25-30 years. Booth looks at least 60-70 years old and Clara Harris looks like she's wearing some sort of apron! Also love Rathbone's extreme receding hairline! To quote an old horseman, everyone looks "Rode hard and put away wet!"

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-06-2014, 10:03 AM
And Lincoln's eyes remained closed, correct?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 01:59 PM by BettyO.)
Since we're on the subject of "Scary Assassination Scenes", I found this one today - in which JWB certainly LOOKS like a vampire - and Mrs. Lincoln has been glorified into a "Gibson Girl." Love the "Queen Nefertiti" Egyptian look eye-liner! Rathbone does appear somewhat mad with that full beard and Lincoln appears to have shrunk considerably.

I think these old images are a lot of fun -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley