LINCOLN LEGACY
06-15-2014, 09:52 PM
LINCOLN LEGACY
I was shopping at my neighbourhood food store a few weeks ago and was waiting in the line to pay when I turned around and saw Abraham Lincoln. There was a large display of bags of popcorn featuring a picture of Lincoln wearing 3D glasses. I recognize very good graphic design. I had to buy one. I hope you can see the attached picture. I am not sure if I have attached it properly.
Now you Americans might think “Big Deal!” But to a Canadian this is rather rare seeing Lincoln used on packaging. I have to admit that they had also a bag featuring George Washington. And since that week, no more Lincoln (or Washington) popcorn. There was a “best before” date so Lynn and I had to eat the popcorn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 05:07 AM
RE: LINCOLN LEGACY
Hi Kieran. The picture doesn't show, so I tried to find one the Internet. Here's what I found.

[Image: popcorn.jpg]
06-16-2014, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 05:36 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
(06-15-2014 09:52 PM)Kieran McAuliffe Wrote:  But to a Canadian this is rather rare seeing Lincoln used on packaging.
Ha, ha...funny to read (I've never seen anything like that) - I agree with you on the design, I would have bought it too. Very cool.
06-16-2014, 06:09 AM
This popcorn was available a couple of years ago in the Detroit area. I haven't seen it on the shelves since.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2014, 06:43 AM
I rewatched what is in my opinion the greatest of the war movies to date- Saving Private Ryan. I was reminded again how the "Lincoln/Bixby letter" really served as the premise for the storyline of the movie. That premise serves as a wonderful tribute to the humanity and character of Abraham Lincoln- whether or not Mr. Lincoln actually was the author of the document.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user