Various Plots in the Lincoln Assassination
04-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Various Plots in the Lincoln Assassination
"It's a whodunit -- 150 years old."

"Who really killed Abraham Lincoln?" will be the question on the table at the Winona County History Center on Thursday night as teacher, historian, novelist and state legislator Dean Urdahl talks about the "Various Plots in the Lincoln Assassination."

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/loca...b21a3.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Various Plots in the Lincoln Assassination
Roger, what are there- at least a dozen or so theories regarding who was really involved in the assassination?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Lots, Bill, but I don't know an exact number. Some are so asinine, like the one that has Mary Lincoln as the assassin, that I don't even know if they should be counted.
04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Guess the theory about whether or not Edwin Stanton was involved or not still lingers...............? Bill O'Reilly Killing Lincoln seems to elude that it could have been Stanton that destroyed the missing pages in Booth's diary?
04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
I've heard the one about Mrs. Lincoln too. Unbelievable.

Bill Nash
04-10-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 10:12 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
(04-10-2014 08:21 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I've heard the one about Mrs. Lincoln too. Unbelievable.

The Mary Lincoln one is as cruel as it is utterly asinine. According to the author of "Lincoln And Booth", Mary might have been in cahoots with the slacker policeman John Parker, who left his post at Ford's Theater on the night of April 14th. You see, she wanted to get AL killed because she was still cheesed off at him for flirting with General Ord's wife at City Point a few weeks earlier. And that's not all, no sirree!

It could also explain why Mary was always so short of cash after the assassination....she had to pay hush money to her fellow co-conspirators! I wish I was joking, but I am quite serious and so is this author. These are things that he seems to feel should be seriously considered.Angry

He doesn't bother to comment on the fact that Mary was so terrified for her husband's safety in the days and weeks leading to the tragedy at Ford's that she insisted that he be accompanied by armed cavalry. He doesn't comment on her grief stricken collapse at his death.Dodgy

I don't want to say what I really think of this "writer". I'd get into trouble with Roger!Wink
04-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Elvis and his time-traveling UFO was in on it!!!!!
04-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Elvis is actually related to Lincoln as they mutually share an ancestor.

Bill Nash
04-21-2014, 01:15 PM
I always thought that Elvis could only girate and sing.Was he smart enough to be part of any Plot?
04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't know about a plot, unless he was working undercover for the FBI.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/wh...25/?no-ist

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?