Lest We Forget...
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Lest We Forget...
I'm feeling very patriotic today for some reason and wanted to share this as a reminder of what we owe to all our service people from the Revolutionary War onward.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9FCxuVSkT7k
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Lest We Forget...
Thanks for posting that Laurie. A very honorable son.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
03-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Well, that brought a tear to my eye.
03-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Laurie,You have a very unique abilitity to touch people's "Heart Strings."
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
As a soldier's daughter, things related to our true heroes in America touch me deeply. This one hit me hard because I could relate to this young child - only my memories have a happy ending.

When I was seven years old, my father was sent to serve in the Korean War. My mother had a life-long fear of flying, so she insisted that he take the train to the West Coast to report for duty. My father was a private soul, so he asked that we not accompany him into Union Station in D.C. We said our good-byes in the car.

For those of you who have ever been to that magnificent train station, you know how large and cavernous it is -- it was even more so in 1950. I have a very vivid recollection of my dad walking across the broad plaza in front, past the Columbus statue, and in through the huge arches. I also remember standing on the front seat and crying out, "Daddy, don't leave me - please don't leave me!" I think back now how much it must have torn at my father's heart to hear me crying that.

I was lucky; Dad survived and returned a year later. I didn't have to hug his gravestone at an early age.
03-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Laurie
I will have to imagine what the video is like by reading the comments from viewers. When I click on the video a message comes up that reads “The uploader has not allowed the video to be seen in your country.” Really. I guess Canadians would not understand...
Kieran
03-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Kieran, CBS News also has the video on its website. Try this link.
03-25-2014, 10:25 AM
(03-25-2014 08:56 AM)Kieran McAuliffe Wrote:  Hi Laurie
I will have to imagine what the video is like by reading the comments from viewers. When I click on the video a message comes up that reads “The uploader has not allowed the video to be seen in your country.” Really. I guess Canadians would not understand...
Kieran
Kieran, this happens to me with about 40% of the videos (and some are also not available for mobile device).
03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Wonderful video with a truly inspiring message. Thanks for sharing, Laurie. (Did you notice that the boy looks just like his dad?)