I HATE Daylight Saving Time
03-09-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 07:52 AM by BettyO.)
I HATE Daylight Saving Time
Wish we could all be like Arizona and leave the time alone....now it's dark in the mornings again and won't get light until 7 AM when it was just beginning to get light at 6 AM!

This was implemented more or less to increase evening time for sports and outdoor activities - but having to go to work in the pitch dark in the early morning is the pits! (I'm a "morning person" anyway).... wish they'd left it alone until April 25 like they used to. At least at that time it was just getting light in the mornings!

OK - thats my rant for the day....

What do ya'll think of Daylight Savings Time?!?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: I HATE Daylight Saving Time
My dog doesn't know it is "Daylight Saving Time"!It has always made me wonder-Who thought of this?
03-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I love it! Now I get to eat a hour earlier, and take my after meal nap a hour earlier. - Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
03-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I could personally do without it.
03-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Late night last night watching a pay per view fight with friends. Up early with the kids, who do not respect the weekend sleep in unwritten rule. I hate Day Light Savings Time too!

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
03-09-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 01:41 PM by L Verge.)
My father used to call it Daylight Starving Time because my mother would not fix dinner until it started getting dark enough that he couldn't see to do yard work. He would come home from the base at 5 pm, and she expected two hours of further work from him.

I don't understand why it now runs from March to October or November. I feel sorry for the children who stand out in the dark waiting for school buses.

I knew that DST began during WWI as a fuel energy saving move, but I did not know that it began in Germany and Austria and spread to other European countries before hitting the U.S. in 1918. Here's a link to the history:

http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html
03-09-2014, 06:54 PM
(03-09-2014 06:35 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Wish we could all be like Arizona and leave the time alone....now it's dark in the mornings again and won't get light until 7 AM when it was just beginning to get light at 6 AM!

This was implemented more or less to increase evening time for sports and outdoor activities - but having to go to work in the pitch dark in the early morning is the pits! (I'm a "morning person" anyway).... wish they'd left it alone until April 25 like they used to. At least at that time it was just getting light in the mornings!

OK - thats my rant for the day....

What do ya'll think of Daylight Savings Time?!?

We have it here in the UK, drives us nuts. Clocks go forwards on the last Sunday of March. Officially summertime!

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
03-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Thank you to Bill Richter for the image below:

[Image: dst1.jpg]
03-11-2014, 04:53 PM
It's never what the government believes. It's what the government thinks it can make You believe.