Annual Presidents' Day Sale
02-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Annual Presidents' Day Sale
[Image: presidentssale.jpg]

Thanks to Laurie for sending this notice. The Washington DC Gift Shop is having its annual Presidents' Day sale. A few examples:

[Image: presidentssale1.jpg]

[Image: presidentssale2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2014, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 02:57 PM by Gene C.)
RE: Annual Presidents' Day Sale
Not shown - The New Obama Golf Clubs.
Guaranteed to send your ball to the far left.
The price keeps changing, so just put it to your credit card and we'll bill you later, and bill you again later, and bill you again later,and bill you again later, and bill you again later....Confused.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 05:58 PM by Gene C.)
(02-17-2014 01:57 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thanks to Laurie for sending this notice. The Washington DC Gift Shop is having its annual Presidents' Day sale. A few examples:

[Image: presidentssale1.jpg]

Back by popular demand. The Presiden Lincoln Lay-Z-Boy Recliner
So comfortable you'll never want to get up. Abe has been sitting in his for years.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
You are on a roll today, Mr. Cook!! Keep 'em coming. Wait, on second thought...
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Is Mr. Lincoln cultured marble or soap on a rope?
02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
That reminds me of a Joan Chaconas idea when we were first getting ideas for a gift shop at Surratt House in the late-1970s. Soap on a rope was a big seller in those days, so Joan proposed that we do a series of four - each of the conspirators at the end of their ropes. We tabled the thought for further consideration.

I also arrived at work one day when we still did candlelight tours during the Christmas season to find three gingerbread men and one gingerbread lady hanging from ropes held tight by the drawers to my file cabinet -- courtesy of one Betty J. Ownsbey.

My apologies if this sounds crass to some of you, but when you deal with the Lincoln assassination story as much as some of us do, it helps to have a sense of humor. In fact, to me, too few people seem to have that quality today -- the ability to laugh at themselves. Thanks Kieran for getting me started...