Happy New Year
12-31-2013, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 10:16 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Happy New Year
A happy, healthy, and peaceful New Year 2014 to everyone. For Angela and me it is actually older than one hour. People are still launching fireworks, that indicates many people are quite optimistic and satisfied with their situation. I hope this goes for all of you, too, and if not, may the new year bring to you all you need therefor - all the best.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Happy New Year
The New Year is only 15 minutes old here in the South in the US....

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our Forum Friends!!! May 2014 be much, much better for all than 2013!

Just went out on the front porch (it's freezing cold - 28 degrees) - and bells are ringing and you can see someone down the road shooting off some beautiful fireworks. I can also hear fireworks 12 miles away in the City of Richmond -- plus another old Southern tradition practiced out here in the rural areas....folk shooting off their guns -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Happy New Year Smile I can't wait to see what new findings 2014 will bring.

Betty, those sound like fun traditions. Us New Yorkers celebrate by watching the Times Square Ball drop and then shooting off fireworks over the Hudson River.
01-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Vicki and I missed it. I am embarrassed to say when the last time was that we stayed up to midnight.

We live in a senior community. Here is the notice for our community's New Year's Eve party. Note the hours.

New Year's Eve, there will be a get-together from 4:00 to 7:00 PM
with hors d'oeuvres and happy hour.
Homemade Reuben Sliders, Beef Satay with dipping sauce,
assorted cheeses & savory crackers, crudités with ranch
dipping sauce, and a complimentary glass of champagne
-- $13 per person inclusive
01-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Roger -

MANY a time, I've "hit the hay" at 6-7PM after working two jobs.....I know exactly what that means! But the menu sounds delightful!!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Roger, it's a matter of point of view - clink your glasses at 6 PM and celebrate with us Germans next time. (And - embarrassing to say for me - despite the time lag you were up earlier today than I.)
01-01-2014, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 12:04 PM by brtmchl.)
Roger last year we changed all the clocks from 9 PM to 11:45 to do a New Years countdown with the kids. Afterwards we were so wiped out that Kristi and I fell asleep and missed the actual countdown.

Happy New Year everyone!

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
01-01-2014, 01:22 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I had to laugh at Betty mentioning the gunfire. It is a Southern tradition, but this year I swear that one of my neighbors had brought in a cannon for the celebration. For about ten minutes, my windows were shaking every thirty seconds or so.

Mike - I love the idea of "speeding up" New Year's for the kids. Wish I had thought of that forty years ago with mine....
01-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Best wishes to all of you for a Healthy & Happy New Year.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
01-01-2014, 04:12 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful new year. Lets hope that the new year will be a better year then the last. It was a good year for my family and I, but I know that a lot of other people have not had the best of times this past year or longer. It seems that the world is becoming a very tough place to live for a lot of people. My wish is for those people to have a change of luck in 2014. Best wishes to all in the New Year. Best Always Gary
01-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I realize that this comes ten days too late, but it is just too precious not to share:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kWq60oyrHVQ?rel=0

The Christmas story told by children from a St. Paul's Church in New Zealand.
01-04-2014, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 08:45 PM by Gene C.)
That was cute!
It's never to late to share the Christmas story.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-05-2014, 12:18 PM
I fell asleep before midnight only to be awakened by Marliegh who was barking her head off at the sound of fireworks (and guns?). Happy New Year!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2014, 12:58 PM
(01-05-2014 12:18 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I fell asleep before midnight only to be awakened by Marliegh who was barking her head off at the sound of fireworks (and guns?). Happy New Year!

Folks, be sure to visit Bill's blog to see his son's latest pencil sketch of Abraham Lincoln. Wonderful, Nathan!
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Bill, your son is very talented! That is an amazing drawing. The details in Lincoln's clothing is amazing.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford