10-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I logged on this morning and I see something has changed my avatar to the little Rebel and it seems to be stuck; I can't change it back. Even stranger than that, I woke up with a hankerin' for fried hog and grits and when my neighbor came over to borrow a rake, I told him to get his filthy Yankee carcass off my property. Is anyone else having problems? What is today? Some kind of Rebel holiday?

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: Avatar gremlin
OMG - I seem to have the same problem for some reason, Joe!

It must be some sort of strange holiday gremlin!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
10-24-2013, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 07:26 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Seems an international issue - I'm getting the vapors...where's my fan? OMG, I've forgotten it at my (one bedroom) plantation...
10-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Oh no. It's in Germany, too? Somebody better figure out what's going on here. Call me when you do. I'm busy drafting a letter to my township tax collector advising her of my plans to secede.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
10-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I am researching this quote. Can anyone help?

“If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Lattimer was an expert on a variety of wombs from a variety of weapons going back to the Middle Ages or beyond. He had several coats of armor, battleaxes (the metal kind), etc. in his home. He saw battlefield service in WWII as well as being involved with the Nuremberg Trials. I heard his talks a number of times, and he sure sounded like he knew what he was talking about in regards to the Booth womb.”
10-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Roger,

I'm no expert (though I certainly look like one today), but I do believe there's a spelling mistake in your quote. Battle axes should be two words, not one. Another acceptable alternative would be to hyphenate the words to "battle-axes", though this spelling is not as widely used.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Okay guys - I have to go into a conference call in three minutes, but a quick thanks for the fun! The first one of you to divulge which birthday this one is for me will get slapped into Siberia!
10-24-2013, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 08:43 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
...Siberia is said to be lovely in summer...
Somehow this link is inevitably linked to the gremlin avatar:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veBi07RXI_A
10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Happy Birthday Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!

10-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Happy, Happy!!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Happy Birthday, Laurie!
10-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Happy Birthday from the "Lincoln Nerds"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/springfield...546929876/

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 10:01 AM by brtmchl.)
This is eerie. I have been infected with the Verge virus also. I just watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers last night and I awoke to this. The South has risen!

Happy Birthday Laurie!

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
10-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Paul sent me this for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF1bG5LUcs

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
It took a while but the gremlin has reached Connecticut, too!

Happy Birthday, Laurie!