Lincoln conspirators mail
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Lincoln conspirators mail
Thanks to Laurie for sharing this.

Laurie writes, "It’s pretty bad when we have such a reputation that mail is sent to Surratt House with this address on it."

[Image: lincolnconspiratorsmail.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Lincoln conspirators mail
So who was the guilty conspirator who opened the mail?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
08-13-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 04:28 PM by BettyO.)
"Confidential Material Reserved for the Lincoln Conspirators?"

Orders from the Confederate Hierarchy in Richmond? It says "Comcast"...... Did Mrs. Surratt forget to pay her cable bill?! Will the Boys have to do without being able to watch "Diggers?" Will JWB miss the next episode of "America's Got Talent?" Stay tuned!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I think that's hilarious because it had to be done on purpose! I would have added - "Do Not Bend - Contains Rebel Contraband". "Open Immediately and Hide In Wall".

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Gene - Louis Weichmann opened that letter and sent it on to Stanton. At least that's what one new book would say...
08-13-2013, 05:09 PM
It's probably just the missing 16 pages of Booth's cable bill.

08-13-2013, 05:12 PM
That's too funny!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2013, 05:14 PM
I like Terry Alford's response to me:

"I'm so glad this wasn't delivered in 1865. Otherwise they might have hanged Mrs. Surratt.

Oh, wait....well, never mind....."
08-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Funny Story!!! Thank you Laurie
The real significance of this historical "discovery" is that the letter was sent to the Surratt Tavern and not to the Surratt boarding house. This supports my belief that John Lloyd played a much more prominent role in the proceedings than history has so far told us. Perhaps we should ask Comcast if they provided liquor to the Surratt tavern and this was a combined cable/liquor bill. Sensors could have been attached to the kegs of whiskey and whenever Lloyd drew upon them for his consumption and that of his customers, Comcast would know precisely how much was consumed and could bill accordingly.

Did not Stanton suspend cable TV service in the Washington area on the night of the assassination?
Tom
08-14-2013, 05:12 AM
(08-13-2013 10:07 PM)Thomas Thorne Wrote:  This supports my belief that John Lloyd played a much more prominent role in the proceedings than history has so far told us.
Tom

Tom, you are on the right track, but it was actually Louis Weichmann who ended up with the letter. On April 11, 1865, while Mary was occupied with sending a message to John Nothey, Lloyd quietly handed it over to Weichmann. Later Weichmann took it to the National Hotel where Booth and Stanton were secretly meeting in room 228. Lucy Hale saw Weichmann and Stanton enter Booth's room, but she was never questioned, did not testify, and was whisked off to Spain. Instructions on how to shut down cable service (and everything else for that matter) were now in Stanton's hands.
08-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Another envelope with the same label was received by David Preston Parr at his China shop in Baltimore Smile
08-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Note the return address, Manchester NH. Who was from NH? Senator John Hale. Who was his daughter? Lucy Hale, whose photo was on Booth's body when he was killed. Coincidence? You decide. The plot thickens.

http://www.seacoastnh.com/History/Histor...Lucy-Hale/

08-14-2013, 08:18 AM
I think I feel a book coming on -- or at least a made-for-television mini-series... Do you think Comcast will back our project?
08-14-2013, 09:30 AM
The conspiracy still exists! We, argh....They will do everything within our....I mean their power, to divert attention away from President Davis. Smile
08-14-2013, 10:35 AM
This is just... wow. Made my day! Big Grin