J. E. B. Stuart
07-11-2013, 11:57 PM
J. E. B. Stuart
To my surprise, today, I spoke with and shook hands with James Ewell Brown Stuart VI. He is employed in the Sheriff's Office in Goochland County, VA. He is a direct descendant of "Jeb". ...about mid 20's, red hair, etc. (Pardon me for staring.) My son-in-law, works there too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: J. E. B. Stuart
That is very cool. Once again, it shows that we are not very far removed from the Civil War. I have talked to relatives of notables like Grant, Custer, and others. There are still living children of Civil War veterans-one or two. By the way, JEB's father-in-law is buried here in Detroit at Elmwood Cemetery.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I met a direct descendant of Gen. Longstreet at a wedding about 20 years ago.
I also knew Austin Burr, who was directly related to Aaron Burr.
07-14-2013, 04:53 PM
My new grandson ran into General Grant's great grandson last week near Gettysburg and shook his hand. I got to thinking, that handshake goes all the way back to Lincoln who shook the hand of Winfield Scott who shook the hand of Thomas Jefferson who shook the hand of all the Founding Fathers.

Talk about seven degrees of separation. Eat your heart out Kevin Bacon.
07-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Years ago, I knew and reenacted with a great-great grandson of General Grant. He was a great dance partner at period balls!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Isn't Tony Blair married to a Booth relative?

Bill Nash
07-15-2013, 12:02 PM
No, that claim was proven false several years ago.
07-15-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 12:20 PM by wsanto.)
(07-15-2013 07:03 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Isn't Tony Blair married to a Booth relative?

Cherie Booth Blair. JWB's first cousin 4 times removed. She looks like she could be JWB's sister. The dark brooding handsome family features are very strong.

Her great-great-grandfather and JWB were first cousins

((( | '€ :} |###] -- }: {/ ]
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
She reminds me of Ogarita. Ogarita's story is strange, but the resemblance is uncanny.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
07-15-2013, 03:00 PM
I really think that was disproved by Mike Kauffman and several others. Let me go back and check - Blaine might remember the details. I thought it had something to do with the man she claimed the link to not living into adulthood.
07-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Glad I asked- as there obviously needs to be some clarity on the matter.

Bill Nash
07-15-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 11:16 PM by Jim Garrett.)
The Stuart family is a very benevolent family. They are all fine Southern Gentlemen. JEB Stuart IV has been very active with the Museum of the Confederacy. An aide to Gen. JEB Stuart was a Prussian officer named Heros Von Boerke. They became fast friends. H.V.B. was severely wounded in the neck and returned to his native Prussia. His hometown is now within the boundaries of Poland. A few years ago, the hometown had a festival in honor of Heros. The town invited JEB IV and readily attended.

The Lee family are also a great group. I attended the same boarding school as R.E. Lee V. He also is a true Virginia Gentleman. His father, R.E. Lee IV was the president of Virginia Gentleman Distillery. Tracey Lee worked for me back in the 80s. All very fine people.

The Stuart family is a very benevolent family. They are all fine Southern Gentlemen. JEB Stuart IV has been very active with the Museum of the Confederacy. An aide to Gen. JEB Stuart was a Prussian officer named Heros Von Boerke. They became fast friends. H.V.B. was severely wounded in the neck and returned to his native Prussia. His hometown is now within the boundaries of Poland. A few years ago, the hometown had a festival in honor of Heros. The town invited JEB IV and readily attended.

The Lee family are also a great group. I attended the same boarding school as R.E. Lee V. He also is a true Virginia Gentleman. His father, R.E. Lee IV was the president of Virginia Gentleman Distillery. Tracey Lee worked for me back in the 80s. All very fine people.
07-16-2013, 10:42 AM
(07-15-2013 03:00 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I really think that was disproved by Mike Kauffman and several others. Let me go back and check - Blaine might remember the details. I thought it had something to do with the man she claimed the link to not living into adulthood.

I may be wrong. I just did a brief internet search and a few sites had that information. If Mr. Kauffman and others have done the research, I would be inclined to go with their findings.

She still has what appears to be a family resemblance though. It is probably a coincidence.

((( | '€ :} |###] -- }: {/ ]
07-16-2013, 01:22 PM
From what I can gather, Mrs. Blair's father is a well-known actor in England - Anthony Booth (?). A connection to THE Booth dynasty certainly couldn't hurt.
07-20-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 08:58 PM by LincolnMan.)
(07-15-2013 11:14 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  The Stuart family is a very benevolent family. They are all fine Southern Gentlemen. JEB Stuart IV has been very active with the Museum of the Confederacy. An aide to Gen. JEB Stuart was a Prussian officer named Heros Von Boerke. They became fast friends. H.V.B. was severely wounded in the neck and returned to his native Prussia. His hometown is now within the boundaries of Poland. A few years ago, the hometown had a festival in honor of Heros. The town invited JEB IV and readily attended.

Jim: I just remembered that although I've never met JEB Stuart IV-we are both members of a relatively small hereditary organization called The Order of the Indian Wars of the United States. I'm sure he is an honorable man indeed.

Bill Nash