US Military Posts named for Confederate generals
06-01-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: US Military Posts named for Confederate generals
That I would be in the minority on this forum (and other places) where the media is concerned neither surprises, nor bothers, me. However, my beliefs are based on 15 years ACTUAL experience at various levels in the trade, including the aforementioned New York Times (not as a reporter, obviously, but with various stories I did on the United States Penitentiary-Marion). My point is there is a difference between news and opinion. What this gentleman did was write his opinion. As I stated before, I disagree with much of it. But to think he did so, and the Times printed it, just to be divisive is wrong. And to not see or acknowledge that there is a difference between opinion and news (although it is quite possible to mix the two) needed correction.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Military Posts named for Confederate generals - Rob Wick - 06-01-2013 05:48 PM