J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really??
05-09-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 10:31 AM by scldrgnfly.)
RE: J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really??
Oh, about the "Ile" as "oil," I had forgotten that, thanks, Laurie. VERY interesting job description, Roger. It does seem odd to me it has taken so long for these gentlemen to come to the forefront.

We know JWB' s trunk stayed in storage at the National for quite a while. Could it have been tampered with while there...to throw people off the real scent? I find it so interesting the letter(s) were left in there by the searchers. It's almost if the trunk was really kept there for safekeeping, to narrow the scope of the search for conspirators. It is so interesting that it didn't just disappear. It makes one wonder who knew it was there, and why wasn't it offered up, especially since, those being connected with Booth and the Conspiracy were falling like flies.

ESPECIALLY!!!!! Since there were SO MANY souvenir hunters out there....who could have resisted THAT temptation!!???!! I have SERIOUS doubts about myself! Lol!

Could the J. J. Reford letter be a "red herring?"Is everyone positive of J. J. Reford's true existence?? Just a bit of trivia: Smoked herrings were used to train dogs for fox hunting. They would drag the smoked herrings, which were red, and get the dogs to chase the scent then mix the scent with a rabbit's, and/or fox's. When they could discern the mammals' scents, they were ready to follow the right scent. They no longer needed the "red herring," hence false clue.

It's just so odd no one really ever mentions him that I know of.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really?? - scldrgnfly - 05-09-2013 10:23 AM