J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really??
05-07-2013, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 08:23 PM by Gene C.)
RE: J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really??
The southern MD connections is a bit confusing to me with all the different people involved (many new names to me), but I see several names that also pop up in Ray Neff's & Leonard Guttridge's "Dark Union". There is a photo of R D Watson's home on p223, and there is a photo of a Robert Daniel Watson (same guy?) on p.215. Richard Demill is mentioned several times.

And according to Neff, it was an Edwin Henson or Hynson (photo p226) who was confused with Herold. Any connection to Phiip Henson?

And I goofed earlier in post #13, Henson was not Booth's valet. According to Neff, Booth's onetime valet was Henry Johnson p205

There seems to be a lot of conection and similiarities to info in recent post to some of the things in Dark Union.

Remember that Lincoln was not a popular president for most of his life. It is not surprising that there would be corespondance from business men that was unfavorable about him. It doesn't mean they were involved in a conspiracy to kill him. And it's highly unlikely to me, that if they were involved, that anything could be found in writing by or from them regarding a "conspiracy." And it was James McPherson, Ed Steers and Joan Chaconas that gave Dark Union a poor review.

So, please excuse me (and I don't think I'm alone) but I find the whole thing a bit confusing. Some of this "conspiracy" stuff is a bit hard to swallow. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell where the real truth ends and the fiction begins.

(But it is kind of fun!)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: J. J. Reford and J. J. Chaffee...who were they?...Really?? - Gene C - 05-07-2013 08:16 PM