An old copy of Lincoln The Unknown found-with a nice surprise inside!
02-16-2013, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 09:36 AM by Jim Page.)
RE: An old copy of Lincoln The Unknown found-with a nice surprise inside!
Hey, Bill--

Lincoln was certainly mentioned in the "How to Win Friends and Influence People" book by Carnegie, which was required reading and super interesting. In the actual classroom course, I don't recall Lincoln being mentioned.

The classroom portion of the course was very structured, with drills and speaking-before-the-class situations.

I didn't want to take the course, but it was required for a certain management level at the engineering firm where I worked. Once I got into it, I realized it was a life-altering event.

The manager above me, who had been the typical arrogant, inflexible engineer, was really changed by the course. He became a friendly, respectful and fun fellow; he divorced his uptight wife for a much more educated and fun lady, he grew a beard, started dressing in a much more hip manner. I have never seen a person so transformed.

Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An old copy of Lincoln The Unknown found-with a nice surprise inside! - Jim Page - 02-16-2013 09:33 AM