New Book by Ed Steers - "Hoax"
04-04-2013, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 10:34 AM by Ed Steers.)
RE: New Book by Ed Steers - "Hoax"
Many thanks to all for the kind words. The book is available at Amazon.com as both a print and eBook. The subject matter of the book is a series of hoaxes that for a brief moment in time became part of our history. Some, not all, remain fixed in many people’s minds as true history while others have been successfully debunked. In “Oath of a Freeman” the skill of the forger was such that it easily fooled the experts. Only when the forger panicked forcing him to resort to murder did his scheme collapse. In “Pearl Harbor” the intense dislike, bordering on hatred, of President Roosevelt was enough to sustain the fraud even to this day despite evidence to the contrary. The “Shroud of Turin” and “Piltdown Man” are excellent examples of wanting to believe for ideological reasons. In these two instances belief trumps science. In the case of Piltdown Man, an entire nation felt uplifted that they could now join Asia and the rest of Europe as a part of the dawn of man. In “The Missing Pages from John Wilkes’s Diary” we see conspiracists at their extreme. Here we find most of the elements of conspiracy run amok. Treason in the highest levels of government is accompanied by claims that defy logic. It is perhaps the first example of “the big lie.” Nazism and Communism taught us that the bigger the lie the more believable it becomes.

(04-04-2013 10:08 AM)JMadonna Wrote:  Personally, I've done a lot of research into the Pearl Harbor issue and I believe FDR did have pre-knowledge of Pearl Harbor. But, that's an issue for another web site. I hope to live long enough to read the secret British Files which remain sealed.

I would love to see/read some of your research on FDR and Pearl Harbor. I have spent considerable time in the NSA files and with the new "West Wind Clear" publication as well as Phil Jacobson's (the intelligence agent who cracked the Japanese plan to attack Midway) article stating there is not a shred of evidence to support the pre-knowledge claims. Jacobson, after all, was head of the intelligence group monitoring the japanese Naval code JN-25 at the time of Pearl Harbor. Are you familiar with the telephone transcripts of calls between FDR and Churchill re Pearl Harbor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Book by Ed Steers - "Hoax" - Mike B. - 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: New Book by Ed Steers - "Hoax" - Ed Steers - 04-04-2013 10:28 AM
RE: New Book by Ed Steers - "Hoax" - HerbS - 04-07-2013, 08:50 AM