Booth at Lincoln's Second Inauguration
02-19-2013, 07:05 AM
RE: Booth at Lincoln's Second Inauguration
One (or more) of the rangers at Ford's wishes that that exhibit/wall was done differently. I spend alot of time down in the museum (will be there this morning) and I have to say, they got it 99% right. There was alot of input when they re-designed the museum from curators both with the NPS and Ford's Theatre Society, and a professional design team from a museum exhibit company. They had to tell two stories and blend them together, Lincoln in Washington, and the Assassination. They also had to do this in a very confined space and design space to manage large crowds.

For those of you who have not visited Ford's Theatre and plan to do so, I suggest to plan ahead. Ford's handles between 600,000 and 900,000 visitors a year. Entry is timed on the hour and half hour. The entrys on the hour allow for the museum, a presentation in the theatre, the Petersen house, and additional museum offerings next to the Petersen house. The entry on the half hour does not include the museum, where most most important artifact are. Call ahead and reserve tickets. There is a small service fee.

I will tell you that Ford's will often sell out a weekend day well in advance during peak tourist season.

Hope to see some of you there. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth at Lincoln's Second Inauguration - Jim Garrett - 02-19-2013 07:05 AM