My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
So much for progress. Lafayette Square was the epicenter for the political and social life of Washington. Within just a few blocks were all the power brokers. Stanton was on K St across from Franklin Park, Chase was just around, I believe on I Street. Make sure you contact Ford's Theatre as soon as possible. They have time entry. Be sure to get a ticket on the hour, not the half hour. When you go to Ford's, ask for Eric Martin. He is a ranger there and very knowledgeable. He is planning on attending the conference.

Mt. Olivet no longer will tell visitors where Mrs. Surratt is buried. If I can, I will look for a map of the cemetery and provide the location. Congressional Cemetery has a number of notables including David Herold and Oak Hill also has a number of notables including Edwin Stanton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Jim Garrett - 02-17-2013 10:42 AM