My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
Heath, as you are an attorney, I have a question for you. Exactly what is hearsay? One of the arguments I have used in the past is that most of the evidence that the break didn't occur at Ford's is hearsay as we are going by what a deceased man told others. Why would folks trivialize Booth’s own statement that he broke his leg while jumping; to me there is a difference between the written word of a dead man and the spoken word of a dead man (like Laurie I do not see lies in Booth's diary...embellishments, yes, but not outright lies). By my way of thinking the written diary of a deceased man is not hearsay, but the spoken words of a deceased man are hearsay. What do you think?

Obviously I agree with those who accept the traditional account of the leg break at Ford's, but I willingly and eagerly read the opposing arguments. I just do not find them convincing, but I compliment everyone on the articulate nature of the posts no matter where they stand on this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - RJNorton - 02-16-2013 04:10 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 10:20 AM