My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture
Laurie, thank you for your welcome. I hope that I can meet you on 4/20 when my brother and I come up for the Tour. I joined as a lifetime member this year and have enjoyed the first two Surratt Society newsletters that I have received. Joan in your office has been most helpful and kind in assisting me.

I read in one of your earlier posts that your great-grandparents were residents of TB on the night of the assassination and heard horses pass around 1am. Very interesting. I can't wait to see with my own eyes these places that I have read about. I love imagining exactly how a place appeared when it bore witness to a historical event (e.g., Kings Mountain here in SC looks practically identical to how it did back in 1781), and it is great that so much has been preserved along Booth and Herold's route.

My brother and I are coming to DC a day early to have a chance to tour around some before the "real" tour. Is there any place that you might recommend of interest that won't be included on the Surratt tour? We will have a car so travel is no problem.

Thanks,
Heath
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013 03:18 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: My first post: thoughts on Booth leg fracture - Rhatkinson - 02-17-2013, 10:20 AM