Baptist Alley and preservation
02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Baptist Alley and preservation
(02-13-2013 08:38 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  Two Saturdays ago, Jim Page and I had lunch at the Wok N Roll . . .

That was a heck of a lot of fun, wasn't it, Jim?!?!?! Mr. Garrett is one heck of a guide!

My daughter did part of her degree work on the rising values of the land in that part of DC, and it is indeed much pricier than it used to be. Still, I've often wondered if someone like Bill Gates or Steven Spielberg could be convinced to back the restoration of that Surratt Boardinghouse, and also spring for the place next door as a museum site. It could be an amazing tool for getting young folks engaged in what brought us to this place in the historic continuum.

I'm beginning to suspect, after Jim and I discussed this at our lunch, that the upper floors of that building may not be as changed as I had initially heard. Jim and I tried to get a snap photo of the inside of the door to the upper levels when a resident opened the side door, but I ain't as quick with my Nikon as I used to be, darn it!!! The fellow was through that door like a flash (no pun intended).

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Baptist Alley and preservation - mgambuzza - 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
RE: Baptist Alley and preservation - Jim Page - 02-13-2013 08:51 PM