Baptist Alley and preservation
02-13-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 06:16 PM by asobbingfilm.)
RE: Baptist Alley and preservation
True everyone has their price but you are overlooking the fact that that is their family business and IMHO $3million for purchase, relocation and restoration is probably very low considering the real estate and labor markets in DC. I would think the restoration alone might be 3-4 million (to really do it right). You are going to have to purchase the building AND relocate them as that is their cash cow. The Wok and Roll is a very hot spot in Chinatown, try getting a table during the lunch rush. Where would you move them? Spaces in DC are at a premium if you can find them. I would love to see them sell out but as you say if it can be done for 3 million, it probably would have already happened. Laurie Verge and others might have some thoughts on this so stay tuned to the thread. My guess is you are talking 10 million minimum with a capital M in minimum. A true historical restoration might present current bld code issues too, but Im no expert on that subject.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Baptist Alley and preservation - mgambuzza - 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
RE: Baptist Alley and preservation - asobbingfilm - 02-13-2013 06:07 PM