A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 10:38 AM by BettyO.)
RE: A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character
(07-24-2012 10:00 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Betty: Bishop's book was one of my early exposures to the assassination story. I loved (and still do) the format of the book as it moves almost hour by hour. As I became more studied on the history of the assassination, I saw where Bishop made some goofs-although at the moment I cant recall any specific ones. I'm glad you addressed the skull story.

Bishop's book is a good one. I still have an affinity for Theodore Roscoe's old Web of Conspiracy (I swallowed that whole thing in less than a week - all 1000+ pages). However I disagree with a lot of his assumptions, I still regard that one affectionately because it was one of the first I ever read -- likewise I love Oldroyd's old book - and Risvold's edited Weichmann's True History because his was the very FIRST I ever read aside from Twenty Days as a teenager! I first "met" Mr. Powell in Twenty Days and seriously read about him in Risvold's book....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Different Viewpoint of Lew Powell's Character - BettyO - 07-24-2012 10:37 AM