Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
09-16-2012, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 10:44 PM by Donna McCreary.)
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
(09-15-2012 05:40 PM)L Verge Wrote:  My bet is that no chef at the Willard today would consider cooking such a plebian meal! Surratt House did a bus tour a few years ago that included a tour of the Willard and lunch in one of their private rooms. The women said it was interesting, but good - the men said they were still starving to death!

Laurie, I agree -- I think it would be difficult to find that particular menu served at the Willard today.
If the men were starving to death after a luncheon, can you imagine how stomaches would growl after a tea?

(09-15-2012 02:04 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Yes, Donna. Very good!

You win one free luncheon at the Willard. The food will be the same as the Inaugural Luncheon on March 4, 1861: Mock Turtle Soup, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Parsley Potatoes and Blackberry Pie.

Well, there would be egg all over my face if I didn't get this one right! I'm just glad that I finally was on line before anyone had answered!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Donna McCreary - 09-16-2012 10:43 PM