Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels
Who wrote this about Abraham Lincoln?

"My father, in eating an apple, had the rather unusual habit of holding it in both hands. Mr. Lincoln, as he stepped out on the portico of the White House, was eating an apple which he was holding in both hands! He had on the inevitable high hat, which he wore summer and winter. Still eating the apple, he passed down the steps, bowing and smiling, and entered the closed carriage. He had to bend his tall body very much before he could enter.

The thing that I remember best and care most to remember was the smile that flitted across Mr. Lincoln's plain and rugged face. It was not forced. It was as spontaneous as the smile of a mother looking down into the face of the child in her arms....But there was nothing about him that was imposing or awesome; no exhibition of the pride or arrogance, or even the reserve, that sometimes characterizes the attitudes of rulers of great nations. The world now knows that he loved not himself but his fellow man. My boy's heart warmed toward him, and I longed to hear him speak."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 07-09-2013 02:15 PM