Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt
01-26-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 12:17 PM by MaddieM.)
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt
(01-23-2013 12:01 PM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  The star of all the stories is a lady in black who floated through the rooms, would come to comfort children who cried during the night, who did not like to have the indoor shutters closed over the windows, etc. She was especially fond of floating into the apartment's bathroom. We would laughingly say that she appreciated the indoor plumbing - until we placed an overlay of what the courtroom looked like in 1865 over the then-floor plan and found that the modern bathroom was located where the prisoners' dock would have been during the trial. We stopped laughing.

I'd have given anything to have seen your faces when you realised the Shade of Surratt was merely following her pathway to the dock.

Sounds more like Stone Tape to me. The Stone Tape theory is where old energies become trapped in the fabric of buildings and replay when the conditions are just right, or people are receptive to them. It's a classic haunting.

Just found this about Mary Surratt and her ghost. From 50mins onwards.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt - MaddieM - 01-26-2013 11:43 AM
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt - Hess1865 - 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM