Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt
After thirteen years, I can't remember what I said on which show; but I sure hope this one was one of the better ghost shows. There was one television production that I would burn all copies of if I could get my hands on it. They completely changed the whole format that they had presented for us to approve. All of a sudden, I had my costumed volunteers floating down hallways in the final version - which we never saw ahead of time!

That said, I have never heard Mary or seen anything at Surratt House. I will admit to hearing footsteps that I could not explain, but they were definitely men's work boots. Others have claimed the same thing. Our theory is that it's John Lloyd, who has been doomed to spend eternity here for betraying his landlady.

Others have claimed to see the figure of a man reflected in the bedroom mirror. He was sitting in the rocker in that room, but when the guide turned to look at the rocker no one was in it. We have also had a report of a child in period dress peering under the bed and sounds of a child crying. A television director claimed to have been shoved by unseen forces in the family dining room at the house - the room where the authorities chopped through the wall to retrieve the one carbine left behind by Booth and Herold.

Now, for the good news: We have been "investigated" by two mediums over the years, and both have assured us that we have no ghosts -- only feelings and emotions. One even referred to us as a "sick house." As long as this sick house keeps writing paychecks, I can live with it! Frankly, I have more trouble with real people than with ghosts.

P.S. We do refuse all requests for paranormal investigation. The first medium snuck in on one of our tours - the second was part of a television pilot program that never got off the ground.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt - Laurie Verge - 01-16-2013 12:40 PM
RE: Laurie and the Ghost of Mary Surratt - Hess1865 - 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM