Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
10-17-2019, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2019 02:18 PM by Jenny.)
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
Eliza V. Starr is one I tried to trace and failed. :/

Quote:As another aside there was a Mollie Turner b: 1841 MD that ran a cigar store in the 1880 census of Washington DC. There were 4 other women and a man with her as well. If that Mollie was Mary Jane (Starr) Treakle I think she would have been in Baltimore, and the birth year should be different. Could Ella have borrowed her sister's alias?

Mollie Turner

in the 1880 United States Federal Census

Name: Mollie Turner
Birth Date: Abt 1841
Birthplace: Maryland
Home in 1880: Washington, Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, USA
Street: D Street North West
House Number: 1315
Dwelling Number: 9
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
Marital status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Maryland
Mother's Birthplace: Maryland
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name Age
Mollie Turner 39
[NOTE: She has 4 other, unfamiliar women and a man living with her]
Yes, I'm grasping at straws.

Actually I’m pretty sure that is Mary Jane. She seemed to have no problem lying about her age as a few newspaper articles regarding her shenanigans regarding her dead brother’s will in 1883 said she was in her 30s when she really would have been into her late 40s (maybe she had the looks to pull it off). I want to say she was listed as being younger than she could have been on her death certificate too but will have to check. Plus according to the same newspaper articles, she was still living in DC as a prostitute in in 1883 as well.

Quote:Yes, I’m grasping at straws.

You and me both, Steve! Wink

Laurie, I haven’t looked into the Jenkins family in regards to Alice but that’s now on my to-do list!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Jenny - 10-17-2019 02:17 PM