Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
10-10-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
(10-10-2019 01:12 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Many moons ago, Terry Alford told me that he had tracked Ella down and that she had married well. He refused to tell me any details until Fortune's Fool was published. I saw no mention of his findings, so I contacted him and got no response. The History Channel crew that is due here at Surratt House next week wanted him for their production on Booth also, but as of a few weeks ago, he had not responded. If anyone is still in contact with Terry, you might have better luck...?

Thank you for the response! While looking for Terry Alford's claimed information I came across a post of yours from the "Andrew Johnson-His Mistress" thread, and noticed better news clips for the probate of John W. Starr, and mention of why Ell Starr wasn't included as a half-sister, according to another article about Mary Jane (Starr) Treakle/Mollie Turner.

Here's Mary and Ellen Starr in 1850, along with a couple of marriage records.

Ellen Starr

in the 1850 United States Federal Census

Name: Ellen Starr
Birth Year: abt 1841
Birthplace: Maryland
Home in 1850: Baltimore Ward 12, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Family Number: 25
Household Members:
Name Age
Sarah Rice 50 [b: England]
Eliz Rice 80 [b: England]
Sarah C Rice 19 [b: England]
John Rice 17 [b: England]
Fanny Winson 13 [b: England]
Mary C Starr 17 [Mary Jane Starr b: MD, d: 4 Oct 1888 Baltimore, MD]
Ellen Starr 9 [b: MD, half-sister to Mary Starr and Joohn W. Starr]
[NOTE: Parents of Mary were John and Ellen (Flynn/Flin) Starr, but John died in 1838 or 1839]
[NOTE2: Mary and Ellen have a brother, John Starr Jr]
Marriage
Ellen "Ellin" Flin "Flynn"

Fact Details
5 Jul 1831
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Maryland Marriages, 1666-1970 groom's name: John Starr bride's name: Ellin Flin marriage date: 05 Jul 1831 marriage place: , Baltimore, Maryland indexing project (batch) number: M70407-1 system origin: Maryland-ODM source film number: 13693
Spouse
John Starr

–1838

Source Citation for Maryland Marriages, 1666-1970
Citation Information

Transcript
record title: Maryland Marriages, 1666-1970 groom's name: Henry C. Treakle bride's name: Mary J. Starr marriage date: 23 Dec 1852 marriage place: First Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland indexing project (batch) number: M53374-1 system origin: Maryland-EASy source film number: 13697
Detail
marriage date: 23 Dec 1852 marriage place: First Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Steve Whitlock - 10-10-2019 03:43 PM