Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
05-07-2018, 04:14 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
Gene, thank you for posting the link!

In Abel’s new book about Booth’s women, he came up with an alleged “new letter” from Starr to Booth (not the “my darling boy” letter but a previously unknown one); unfortunately he lists The Evidence as the source, and there is absolutely *nothing* I see in The Evidence that mentions anything of the sort. Pretty disappointed about that. Sad Would love to know where he came up with it.

Here’s the alleged second note:

“Please try and come down tomorrow as soon after two as possible? You can dine privately with me.
So do not mind your dinner. Be very good until I see you. Anything that pleases you will be acceptable.”

Signed by “N” on “Friday 6:00 pm.”

Source for this is Edward and Steers, Evidence, 1192 (Ella Starr note). However The Evidence doesn’t mention ANYTHING about it. So am I missing something here? Help?

He also assumes Booth saw Starr the night before the assassination (I know Jerry has a theory about that) and writes it as fact even though there’s no concrete evidence of it. And he claims that the letter Edwin referred to as being written by the “poor little girl” whom Wilkes had promised such happiness wasn’t written by Lucy Hale, but by Ella Starr because, quote, “Edwin would have hardly described Lucy as a ‘poor little girl.’” (That’s odd conclusion in my opinion.)

Honestly the chapters on Ella have a lot of little mistakes, but since she’s a hard one to track facts down on, I can’t get too upset. It does upset me to see a “new quote” from her when the source material given doesn’t add up, period. Sad

If anyone has any information or insight on this new letter, please let me know!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Jenny - 05-07-2018 04:14 PM