Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
05-20-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
Well, Herb, you are a student of Albert Castel. He wrote on the Trans-Mississippi war. There you have people like Quantrell, Bloody, Bill George Todd, Dave Poole. You think Booth was worse than they? Have you ever seen pictures of the Missouri guerrillas 40 years after the war. Were there guys madmen? I have a paper that claims that Abe Lincoln and the Republicans intentionally started the war. Was Lincoln a mad man? War is a funny thing. Maybe that's why we have post traumatic depression? Maybe everybody was crazy? I think that one needs to be very careful in dismissing those you disagree with or those who lived in a past century as mad. Calling Booth a madman is the easy way out. I think e was a lot more complicated than simply being dismissed as mad. That's what people call me all the time! Uh, oh! I am mad just like Lewis Powell screamed as he ran from the Seward House, covered in blood.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Wild Bill - 05-20-2015 12:48 PM