Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 06:44 PM by Cliff Roberts.)
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
(08-16-2013 02:38 PM)Jenny Wrote:  Oh wow, I actually have the photograph from 1912 of the young man showing the photographer around the "red light district" saved in my files but I thought he was off by a street and cursed my "bad luck"!! How wrong I was!! Thank you, thank you for setting me straight on the picture! It is indeed the same houses from a different view!

Actually, Jenny, I should thank you. I found the photo by accident while researching Lewis Hine, figured it might be the right house but, like you, filed it away until I could confirm it. Donna Seifert's excellent report encouraged me to renew the search, especially the information about the vacant corner lot, but I wanted confirmation on the house. Seifert had retired from John Milner, but I tracked her down and phoned her. It had been 20 years since she wrote her report, and she had none of her files (they remained with Milner) so she really couldn't be much help. Again, my little project was shelved. Then, along came your great discovery, and out of the dust bin came my Hine photo! How's that for Serendipity!

Thank you Jim and Laurie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Cliff Roberts - 08-16-2013 06:40 PM