Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
Cliff, you are awesome! THANK you so much for this post!

Oh wow, I actually have the photograph from 1912 of the young man showing the photographer around the "red light district" saved in my files but I thought he was off by a street and cursed my "bad luck"!! How wrong I was!! Thank you, thank you for setting me straight on the picture! It is indeed the same houses from a different view!

So the house next door *did* belong to Ms. Hall! It indicated on my map (from a book on D.C. bawdy houses) that Mary Ann Hall owned more than one residence but did not list her as being the owner of that particular house even though the diagrams from My Those of Little Note book, which actually included the report Mrs. Starr's Profession at the beginning of the chapter, obviously said "M.A. Hall" on them! (Looking back, I can't believe I thought it was someone else. Duh, Jenny!)

Again, thank you!! (You wouldn't happen to know what happened to Miss Ella Starr Turner, now would you, Cliff? Angel)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Jenny - 08-16-2013 02:38 PM