Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 05:01 PM by Jenny.)
Sad RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
Sorry to bring this thread up again with a morbid subject but I need some help deciphering the "causes of death" on the death certificate of Mary Jane Starr, Ella's half-sister, that the James O. Hall Research Center so graciously copied for me. (I love you guys up there in Maryland. Seriously, I do.)

I won't post the entire certificate, just the part with the causes of death so y'all can see the words better. I can make out "Heart disease" on the top line (primary causes of death) but have absolutely NO CLUE what is written next to it. On the bottom line (the secondary causes of death), I can make out "(unknown word) paralysis." I've been searching 19th century medical terms and everything to see if I can pinpoint these words to no avail.

[Image: 2ef0y6v.jpg]

LDS, I need your expertise! Thank you! <3

EDIT: Word in front of "paralysis" is cardiac. Cardiac paralysis. D'oh! Still can't figure out the others.
EDIT 2: First word of "second primary cause of death" is aortic. Last two words I still have no idea.
EDIT 3: Image updated. Still not sure of last two words on first line. Sad
EDIT 4: Friends say last word is "regurgitation."
EDIT 5: Friends say middle word is "mitral."

So she died primarily of heart disease and aortic mitral regurgitation and had experienced cardiac paralysis as a "secondary cause of death."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Jenny - 05-24-2013 03:51 PM