Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
There is one more "Lady", who had a relationship with JWB, that is not commonly known and never spoke about. "French Kate".
This woman was believed to have been Sarah Slater, just bec.ause they both spoke French, and Kate knew too much about the Assassination plot.
Briefly. In about May of '65. this Kate arrived in the town of Pithole, PA -and became an infamous prostitute. PITHOLE, is in the far NW section of PA, in the oil producing region of that State.
Kate was managed by a ner-do-well with the name Ben Hogan. Later in life, Ben wrote his biography and noted that "Kate knew more about the Assassination plot than Mary Surratt and should have been hanged in her stead". It is easy to see how the two women were misidentified each for the other.
In conclusion, Kate could not have been Sarah, because Sarah was living elsewhere at the same time of these fun and games in Pithole.
If Kate knew so much about the activity in Washington in late '64 and early '65, she must have learned it from one of her customers. JWB was an oil speculator in Pithole, I assume she learned it from a frequenter visitor to her "Palace", JWB. But, Ben didn't write his Life's History until many years after the events, and maybe juiced up his memory -to assure sale of the book.
P.S. Isn't Pithole, a neat name for a town with this reputation?
P.S. 2 I wrote to Pithole to research these events and there was a "French Kate" and a Ben Hogan, and they operated as described. Attached to their reply was a note asking 'WHY I HAD ANY INTEREST IN THIS PROSTITUTE? (I never replied.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - John Stanton - 01-17-2013 10:10 PM