Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
I think that Booth respected women in general, no matter what their station in life. However, I would question how many of his liaisons were truly of a sexual nature. I'm sure there was hanky-panky in all areas in the early centuries, and I know that those in the theatrical world were looked down upon for various reasons. However, the photo collage of Booth's girlfriends that is currently making the rounds would have him consorting with about 25 women. Friendships could still be friendships (even today, despite the media attention!).

That said, I have always had a gut feeling that Ella Starr Turner shared a certain part of Booth's heart in a true romantic way just because he seemed to stick with and turn to her on a fairly regular basis. I think the "fire" in Henrietta probably intrigued him, and I do think that he was definitely infatuated with Isabelle Sumner.

As for Lucy Hale, as wonderful as the current historians seem to make her, I just have my doubts about the love interest there. I think she was a means to an end - acceptance into society and politics - and perhaps intriguing for her liberated views (and I would like to see definite proof of that from the indiscretions angle).

I'm going back to sleep now...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Laurie Verge - 01-16-2013 02:20 PM