Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
01-16-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 01:07 PM by Jenny.)
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
I don't think Booth would have stopped cheating if he had married Lucy or anyone else, unfortunately. Whether Lucy would have stood for it or not is a good question! While we are talking letters to ladies, here's the one he *supposedly* wrote to Ella Starr.

My Dearest Love-
Although I have not been long away from you, still it seems an age. I divide the world into two parts, where you are, and where you are not. I am indeed separated from you in body, but joined to you in soul.
I was detained longer in Baltimore than I anticipated, but I hope it will all be right in the end. There will be a change before long, which will greatly influence my fortune, but of one thing rest assured, that whatever may occur, whether in time or eternity,
I am ever yours,
J. Wilkes Booth

I think the source for this was the book The Great Conspiracy written right after the assassination (someone will have to remind me who the author was) in 1866 (?) so it's not 100% confirmed but interesting nevertheless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Jenny - 01-16-2013 12:35 PM