Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
01-16-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies!
(01-16-2013 06:22 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  I just have trouble with Booth really being serious about marrying Lucy. Given his past lifestyle, I have trouble picturing him as a settled, married man. How long would such a marriage last?

Was he using Lucy as Jenny suggests? Personally, I think Jenny has a good point. I am not saying Booth didn't have feelings for all these women; my question is would he really settle down with just one?

Michael Kauffman has this to say about Lucy Hale in American Brutus: "She had a magnetic charm that was rumored to have piqued the interest of some highly placed young men, including Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., and Robert Todd Lincoln. She also had a free-thinking outlook that placed no shackles on her husband-to-be. Booth still kept mistresses, and when Lucy traveled with him, they unabashedly checked into hotels as 'J.W. Booth & Lady.'"

I don't see Booth settling down if he married Lucy. I wonder if Lucy's "free-thinking outlook" about Booth's other women would have changed after their marriage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's mistress, Ella Starr, and other "unknown" Booth ladies! - Linda Anderson - 01-16-2013 11:09 AM