What Was The Role of David Herold
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold
I think Powell's version of events as related to his pastoral minister are to be believed. That man had to have someone to confide in after what he had been through, and no family was showing up. Am I safe to say that confessions made to any cleric are not subject to interrogation or witness in court?

There were certainly cheap hotels, but every establishment in D.C. had to be under surveillance at that point. I don't think Powell would have been interested in ladies of the evening at that point. Anyone running a safehouse would be extra wary at that point also.

Why is the well-researched history over the past 50-75 years so hard to believe? Don't you (meaning more than just Gene) think that better researchers than we have thought about all these possibilities and searched for - and found - evidence to confirm or deny these types of "what ifs?" I certainly believe that there are new things to discover, but to me, we need to be looking at key questions such as who masterminded the operations instead of why Powell came back to the Surratt House.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Hess1865 - 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - L Verge - 04-15-2013 04:45 PM