Gravesite inspiration welcome
07-26-2022, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2022 12:32 PM by Susan Higginbotham.)
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome
I've loved going to cemeteries and gravesites since I was in my teens. As relates to this site, I've seen Lincoln's tomb, Robert Lincoln's grave at Arlington Cemetery, the Todd family graves in Lexington, KY, the Surratt family graves in D.C. and John Jr.'s grave in Baltimore, and those of the Booth family in Baltimore. I was in Springfield, IL, without a car and arrived at the cemetery near closing time, so I didn't have nearly enough time to explore it as I wanted to. I'd like to go back and spend more time at the Lincoln tomb and see the graves of others in Springfield connected with the Lincolns.

On my bucket list are those of John Brown's widow and children in California and that of the feminist Ernestine Rose in Highgate Cemetery in London. They are people I've researched and aside from my love for cemeteries, I like to visit places associated with people I research, including their final resting places.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Gene C - 07-26-2022, 12:23 PM
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Susan Higginbotham - 07-26-2022 12:31 PM
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Rogerm - 07-28-2022, 09:07 AM
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Steve - 08-20-2022, 04:46 AM
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Dave B - 08-20-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Gravesite inspiration welcome - Dave B - 08-20-2022, 10:32 PM