Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
01-20-2022, 04:01 PM
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
I didn't realize I was on a forum with a bunch of prudes. It's a good thing that Lincoln never used earthy humor or naughty words to make a point! Please excuse me while I pour myself a lemonade, given that I'm sure hard liquor is not welcome here.

While you're sipping your sarsaparilla, read this from the website of Ferris State University.

Although Ferris State University values a tolerant and civil campus environment, we cannot limit speech to only the inoffensive and comfortable. Sometimes we will need to agree to disagree, even when other's opinions anger, sadden, frustrate, hurt, or offend us. As stated in San Francisco State University v. Reed, 523 F. Supp. 2d 1005 (2007), "Controversial expression...is the First Amendment's highest duty to protect. By political definition, popular views need no protection. It is the unpopular notions that are in the greatest peril - and it was primarily to protect their expression that the First Amendment was adopted." Sharing, arguing and dissecting varying opinions and ideas help people learn from one another and aid in the formulation and solidification of our own views.

Evidently, Professor Mehler has threatened a lawsuit if he isn't reinstated soon. I hope he wins.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended - Rob Wick - 01-20-2022 04:01 PM