New Series CNN Lincon:Divided We Stand FEB 14
06-22-2021, 01:13 PM
RE: New Series CNN Lincon:Divided We Stand FEB 14
(06-21-2021 06:33 PM)Anita Wrote:  The fact is, we can probably never learn the "truth" of history.

Right now, there seems to be too many variations on the truth.

Yesterday, I dropped by the memorial to Francis Scott Keys that had been vandalized by protesters. The statue of Keys had been removed to storage. I saw on the local news the night before that an art installation representing the last slave shipment to United States now surrounded the giant pedestal for the statue. There were 350 exact duplicate standing art slaves surrounding the pedestal.

As I was taking photographs, a group of three (white) approached and a woman was espousing the merits of the 1619 Project.

I pointed out to her that the same protesters who tore down the statue of Keys for his association with slavery also had torn down the nearby statue bust of General Grant. I noted for the benefit of the group that "were it not for General Grant, all of the slaves would not have been set free."

That statement made little difference to the lady in question. So, I also pointed out to her that it was black tribes in Africa who were the ones who initially enslaved their own black ancestors and killed many in doing so. In short, I was saying that there would have been no slave trade at all without this contribution to the slave trade. This statement also did not make any difference to her.

As I walked away, I ended the conversation by saying: "History should be the truth, as it happened."

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Series CNN Lincon:Divided We Stand FEB 14 - David Lockmiller - 06-22-2021 01:13 PM