What would Lincoln think of all this?
11-06-2020, 05:20 PM
RE: What would Lincoln think of all this?
A recent seance with Nettie Colburn Maynard may add some interesting answers to your question, and others.

While still living in Springfield and having a premonition that he would not survive his term in office as president, Abraham Lincoln pondered future national issues.
He wrote his ideas on how to deal with these issues and placed them in an old mayonnaise jar and hid it somewhere at an undisclosed location in New Salem.

Found in the early 1920's by Wilma Francis Minor, she was all about to reveal these papers as a sequel to the love letters she found between Abe and Ann. A little over enthusiastic from her original find of a single love letter, she got carried away and fabricated some additional love letters which were proven to be forgeries. Her credibility ruined by this costly mistake, she realized that no one would believe her if she decided to make these new found papers from Lincoln public. Unable to sell them she became distraught and she stored them in her basement where they were soon forgotten.
Years later they some how turned up at a flea market in West Virginia and will soon be published in a book by well known journalist Ann Onymous
All will be revealed in an upcoming TV special as soon as production details are finalized.

Either that, or the left over burrito I had for supper disagreed with me and I dreamed the whole thing. Confused

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would Lincoln think of all this? - Gene C - 11-06-2020 05:20 PM