In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
04-24-2021, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2021 02:19 PM by Gene C.)
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(04-23-2021 06:47 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  Can you provide a source for the claim that the 38 confessed?

Best
Rob

I'll try. I can't remember where I read it. It's not so much of a confession, but bragging about the atrocities they committed.
I have read "38 Nooses" by Scott Berg, "9 Years Among the Indians 1870-1879" by Herman Lehmann, and "Captivity by the Sioux" by Fanny Kelly as well as several articles about Lincoln and the Dakota War.

I do remember reading Herman Lehmann and Fanny Kelly specifically mentioning the blood thirsty actions of the Sioux against whites and other Indians. Herman saw them first hand and was forced to go on raids with them and mentions many of the raiders liked to brag about the murders and other atrocities they committed. It will take me a while to find the specific reference to the Dakota 38. If any one else knows of a specific reference, please chime in.

"9 Years Among the Indians" and "Captivity by the Sioux" are available on line.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - Gene C - 04-24-2021 02:13 PM