In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
03-14-2021, 02:46 PM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
Quote:My concern is about the uninformed and misled people who now consider President Abraham Lincoln to be a historical figure who should be reviled.

Is the number of people who hold this view rising exponentially? Hardly. Just because one misguided board of education made a decision you disagree with (and the majority of people in the country find as a joke) doesn't mean Lincoln's reputation is in danger. And I have news for you. Lincoln has been reviled by people from the moment he became president.

Your contention that Lincoln is receiving a raw deal because of the Dakota 38 is your opinion. There are legitimate historians (a minority, to be sure) who disagree with you. They are entitled to urge policies be made that coincide with their viewpoint, and if they can find a governmental body amenable, to get legislation passed that mirrors that view. To do so doesn't endanger the reputation of a man who has weathered numerous storms while alive and long after his death.

This whole thing, David, is much ado about nothing.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - Rob Wick - 03-14-2021 02:46 PM