In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
12-19-2020, 01:34 PM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(12-18-2020 01:08 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  So when do you plan to run for a seat on the school board?

Best
Rob

I should submit my paperwork today for the next election.

A majority of the elected San Francisco School Board members are likely to vote to rename Abraham Lincoln High School in January or February, 2021. Publicly, they will state they do so on the the basis of the consensus recommendation and historical issues analysis work of its own appointed "blue ribbon" Renaming of Schools Panel.

According to recent press reports, the two issues regarding President Abraham Lincoln that were addressed by the Renaming of Schools Panel were: 1) President Abraham Lincoln's role in the execution of the Dakota 38 and 2) President Abraham Lincoln's personal culpability for the 1864 massacre in Colorado of hundreds of defenseless Cheyenne and Arapaho Indians - men, women, and children - by U. S. troops under the command and orders of a Union Army officer.

Rob, suppose you were the incumbent President of the San Francisco Board of Education in the next School Board election and in our debate I asked of you the same question that I previously posed regarding this second issue:

The critical and imperative question to ask in fairness and justice to the character and reputation of President Abraham Lincoln is this: What could President Abraham Lincoln have done beforehand to prevent war crimes being committed upon defenseless Native American Indians – men, women, and children - by Union soldiers following the orders and commands of a commissioned Union officer?

As President of the San Francisco Board of Education, who voted to dishonor the name of President Abraham Lincoln, by ordering under the School Board's exclusive legislative authority the renaming of Abraham Lincoln High School in San Francisco for just causes, how would you honestly and forthrightly answer that question, Rob?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - David Lockmiller - 12-19-2020 01:34 PM