In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
12-19-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
Quote:School officials have created a problem where none existed, over emphasized the seriousness of this self created problem, and shown to the public that they are the ones to correct this terrible injustice. Not only that, they have stirred up the public, grabbed the attention of local media, and gained national attention. Ergo, they have fed their ego.

That's pretty cynical Gene. It could also be that a group of people who have long not had their voices heard are saying enough, and it's time we have a say in what our community honors. If they can find enough people to go along with it, they will likely be successful. If the board votes in January to allow the name changes to proceed, the sun will come up the next day and everything will continue to move forward. No matter how silly some people (myself included) think this whole thing has become, Lincoln will survive. And if he doesn't, he wasn't worth celebrating to begin with. I'm not worried.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - Rob Wick - 12-19-2020 11:40 AM